Having a good nutrition
Most people know good nutrition and physical activity can help maintain a healthy weight.
However, the benefits of having a good nutrition can go further than weight.
Caring about nutrition can help to :
- Reduce the risk of some diseases, including heart disease, diabetes, stroke, some cancers, and osteoporosis
- Reduce high blood pressure
- Lower high cholesterol
- Improve your well-being
- Improve your ability to fight off illness
- Improve your ability to recover from illness or injury
- Increase your energy level
Having a good nutrition means you will get all the nutrients, vitamins, and minerals you need.
According to the NHS of the United Kingdom, daily reference intakes are :
- Energy: 8,400kJ/2,000kcal.
- Total fat: less than 70g.
- Saturates: less than 20g.
- Carbohydrate: 260g.
- Total sugars: 90g.
- Protein: 50g.
- Salt: less than 6g.
An useful chart, for reference, to help you to understand your needs, depending on your activity would be the following one :
|GENDER||AGE (YEARS)||SEDENTARY||MODERATELY ACTIVE||ACTIVE|
These levels are based on Estimated Energy Requirements (EER) (Ref : Institute Of Medicine dietary reference intakes macronutrients report, 2002. “Reference size,” as determined by IOM, is based on median height and weight for ages up to age 18 years of age and median height and weight for that height to give a BMI of 21.5 for adult females and 22.5 for adult males.
- Sedentary means a lifestyle that includes only a typical day-to-day life.
- Moderately active means a lifestyle that includes physical activity equivalent to walking about 1.5 to 3 miles per day at 3 to 4 miles per hour + typical day-to-day life
- Active means a lifestyle that includes physical activity equivalent to walking more than 3 miles per day at 3 to 4 miles per hour + typical day-to-day life.
The best solution in Taiwan
So far, the best solution in Taiwan, to eat healthy, homemade food, with all nutrition facts, without additives is the company MichelBru.
They offer a service of Weekly Boxes. Their customers use to receive every week a box of 5 meals, with 5 vegetables and 5 starches. Every meals come with nutrition, all is fresh and made on the day of shipping. They use only fresh vegetables (All is peeled off in their kitchen !) and fresh meats (Taiwan Pork, Norway Salmon, Taiwan Chicken, Italy Pancetta, US Beef etc)
They also offer different diets : dairy-free, gluten-free, keto, low-carb etc …
They have also an option you can choose your meats, vegetables and starches.
I really think it is an amazing service, above all with their recurring option : Every week, we receive at home a box of 5 meals, and there is nothing to do …. And all meals come with nutrition. It is amazing to be able to eat different every week, fresh, healthy and without the need to spend 15minutes everyday on Uber Eats or Food Panda to find something to eat ….
Price is maybe little bit high, but it is really worth to try out !
source : www.eatsmart.tw